The 12th Battalion were also known as the Sheffield City Battalion or the Sheffield Pals. Made in gilding metal with both round and ‘D’ shaped loops.
These were worn from the early days of the formation of the Sheffield City Battalion in 1914 until the battalion was disbanded in early 1918.
A group of Sheffield Pals at their camp on the moors at Redmires just outside Sheffield in 1915. Most can be seen to be wearing the Y&L Sheffield titles
A soldier of the Sheffield City Battalion wearing the Y&L Sheffield shoulder titles