Yorkshire Brigade Other Ranks Badge 1958 to 1968


When the York and Lancaster Regiment joined the Yorkshire Brigade in 1958, as with the other Yorkshire battalions in the Brigade, it adopted a common cap badge which depicted a white Rose with a Queen’s Crown above it and a scroll inscribed with the word ‘Yorkshire’. 

This badge was made by the Marples and Beasley Company of Birmingham and was of AA. It is fitted with a slider which has stamped on it the makers name. This pattern badge was also used by the Yorkshire Volunteers between 1967 and 1993.