Yorkshire Brigade Officers Badge 1958 to 1968


When the York and Lancaster Regiment joined the Yorkshire Brigade in 1958, as with the other Yorkshire battalions in the Brigade, it adopted a common cap badge which depicted a white Rose with a St Edward’s Crown above it and a scroll inscribed with the word ‘Yorkshire’. (However, each regiment retained its own collar badges, in the case of the York and Lancaster, the Tiger surmounted with a Rose). 

This badge was made by the JR Gaunt Company of London and was made in silver and gilt with the rose bolted to the centre of the badge and is fitted with loops.