Volunteer Battalion Collar Badge 1883 to 1888


This is a first pattern collar badge made of white metal and is a Royal Bengal Tiger with a second loop in its tail.  

It was worn from 1883 when the 2 volunteer battalions became part of the York and Lancaster Regiment until 1888 when it was superseded by the second pattern collar badge.

This badge has 2 copper loops to the rear.